Fastned grows revenues 171% in Q3 2019
Fast charging company publishes Q3 2019 trading update
Fastned, the charging company that is building a European network of fast charging stations, continued a strong growth path in Q3 2019 despite ongoing delivery constraints of many electric vehicle models. Revenues nearly tripled compared to the same quarter last year.
- Revenue: € 1,048,000 (+171% vs. Q3 2018) 
- Volume: 1,907 (MWh) (+171% vs. Q3 2018)
- Active customers: 30,852 (+143% vs. Q3 2018)
- 1,649 tons of CO2 avoided
- Over 120,000 charging sessions during the third quarter
- Fastned opened several new stations in The Netherlands and Germany bringing the total network to 109 stations
- Added more and faster chargers to stations to increase capacity and improve the charging experience.
- The court of North-Holland ruled in favor of Fastned and decided that the granting of permission to offer electric vehicle charging points as an additional service at petrol stations and roadside restaurants at motorway services must follow a public and transparent procedure.
- Fastned announced that it will strengthen its management team with CFO Victor van Dijk from mid-November onwards. In his previous role Victor served as Managing Director Debt Capital Markets at ING.
Please note that the information included in this press release is unaudited and not reviewed.
Download the Fastned Q3 results and graph here.
 In its quarterly trading updates for 2018 and earlier, Fastned’s reported Revenue related to the sales of electricity only. Starting from the first quarter of 2019, and in line with the 2018 Annual Report, the Revenues reported includes sales of electricity and maintenance fees and other operating revenues. The presented growth of Revenues in Q3 2019 compared to Q3 2018 is on a like-for-like basis.
Fastned is a charging company that is building a European network of fast charging stations. The stations are located at high traffic locations along highways and in cities, where electric cars can add up to 200 km range in 15 minutes. Fastned's mission is to give freedom to electric drivers and accelerate the transition to sustainable mobility. As of today, Fastned has 114 stations operational in the Netherlands, Germany and the United Kingdom, and is working on expanding its fast charging network to the rest of Europe. Fastned is currently simultaneously building fast charging stations in the Netherlands, Germany and the United Kingdom, and preparing for building its first stations in other countries, with a focus on Belgium, Switzerland and France. Fastned is listed on Euronext Amsterdam (ticker AMS:FAST). More information: fastnedcharging.com.